Welcome to our club!

2015 Freshmen induction address:
"Good evening everyone,

My name is Shaniyah Young and I am the president of the Beta Club here at Rock Hill High. I am a senior, and this is my third year in Beta Club. I have remained an active member because you get to help out in the community, meet new people, and overall it's just plain old fun. A few weeks ago, we went to the state convention in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. On the way home, a current member by the name of Nicholas Oxendine asked a question that made me realize why the club is called Beta Club. He asked, 'If we are such a great club, how come it starts with the letter B for Beta instead of A for Alpha?' Well, A comes first in the alphabet of course, but there's a reason why Beta starts with a B. It starts with a B instead of an A because we are a club who chooses to put others before ourselves, hence the A coming before the B. Ralph Waldo Emerson once said, 'The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.' I will leave you with this. Inductees, when you start volunteering your time for others, do it with an open heart and your reward will be great. Thank you."

I'm excited to welcome 57 new members to our club! Always remember, #DontBeGood #BeGreat

Comments

Popular Posts