New year, new opportunities

Good afternoon, everyone. I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself. I'm Mrs. Tucker, the faculty sponsor of the Rock Hill High School chapter of the National Beta Club. You won't see posts from me often because our chapter president Shaniyah Young does a great job of keeping you up-to-date on information. However, many have approached me in the last few days, asking questions about membership, renewal, etc. Hopefully, this post will help clarify information regarding these issues. Please carefully read the following scenarios. Should you have any questions that are not answered below, I encourage you to use the "Member info" and "Service info" tabs above to seek more information. If you don't see a scenario that matches your situation, please contact our membership committee or myself.
  • Scenario 01: I was in Beta Club last year. I earned all of my service hours last year, and my GPA is a 3.75+. Great! All you need to do is renew your membership. You will NOT receive a letter in advisory to renew. You simply complete the member information sheet for this school year and resolve your dues. You can continue to sign up for events and earn hours. If you do NOT meet the deadline to renew membership, you forfeit your membership for this school year. In other words, you MUST complete the member information sheet and resolve your dues no later than 2 p.m. on the deadline date. 
  • Scenario 02: I was in Beta Club last year. I earned all of my service hours last year, but my GPA fell below a 3.75. Thank you for your service last year. You are still and active member, but you are now in academic probation. You will receive a letter during advisory, listing your probationary period. You can still renew membership and still sign up/earn service hours. However, you must improve your GPA to a 3.75+ by the end of the probationary period.
  • Scenario 03: I was in Beta Club last year. I still have a 3.75+ GPA, but I didn't serve all of my hours. Congratulations on maintaining your GPA in the rigorous courses. However, your membership is suspended for this school year. You will receive a letter during advisory, listing the terms of your suspension. You can also refer to our Constitution and By-laws for more information.
  • Scenario 04: I was a Beta Club member in the 2012-13 school year, but I didn't earn my service hours. My GPA is still 3.75+. Congratulations on maintaining your GPA in the rigorous courses. You will receive a letter during advisory, inviting you to return to our chapter. You are eligible to earn service hours and participate in all club activities once you turn in your completed member information sheet and resolve your dues. 
  • Scenario 05: I've never been in Beta Club, but I have a GPA of 3.75+. Congratulations on maintaining your GPA in rigorous courses. You will receive a letter during advisory, inviting you to become a member in our chapter. You are eligible to earn service hours and participate in all club activities once you turn in your completed member information sheet and resolve your dues.

Comments

Popular Posts